Thursday 25 March 2010

Class 3 finished!

So I have now completed a term of Advanced Body Mechanics! I honestly, do not know where the last 9 months have gone. I'm halfway through Animation Mentor already - how did that happen?!

This term has been fantastic. I have learnt so much and am really starting to feel like I'm finding a workflow that suits me. The more I learn about animation, the more I realize there is still to learn ... but the more enthusiastic I get about continuing with my education! The couple of days with Pixar reminded me of what being an animator means - you need to understand acting, story-telling, cinematography, physics, anatomy, movement - and life in general. Which I find incredibly exciting - there's always going to be new things that I can learn, and apply, to improve myself as an animator. I bought a load of books and am trying to learn as much as I can about all this stuff to help me in Class 4 - acting! I'm really looking forward to it. Which is just as well, as the break between these 2 terms is only a weekend! However, I'm raring to go, and can't wait till Monday!

Here's all the work from Class 3 - I'm definitely starting to see an improvement in my work, which is so encouraging. Still a loooong, looooong way to go, but it's nice to see I've made a few small steps.

There's still a certain amount of jitteryness on the first two shots, and I plan on cleaning them up later, but have run out of time for the moment.

Progress reel from AM Class 3 from Sarah Knight on Vimeo.

2 comments:

  1. cool stuff Sara!

    I really like the irregular timing on the first monkey bar animation.

    how exciting!!

    jriggity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Justin! Yeah, I really tried to mix the timing up a bit on that shot. Pretty pleased with it, but alot of stuff still to polish when I get the chance.
    Thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete